In you visit to Segovia, in the surroundings of Madrid, the real street It will become the axis of it.
As real street in Segovia it is known the way that starts from the Roman aqueduct and go up the hill where the old town is located, until you reach the Main Square.
In this square is where, among others, the building of the Segovia City Hall and the Cathedral.
Old Grain Deposit next to Real de Segovia Street
During this upward journey you will find several corners, buildings and old palaces that will show you the great historical roots of this Castilian city.
Actually the real street It has several sections with different denominations.
So, from the Aqueduct the streets of Cervantes, Juan Bravo, the Corpus Christi Square and finally the small section of the street of Isabel the Catholic.
But for Segovians and visitors there is only the real street.
House of the Peaks in the Real de Segovia street
The first milestone on your walk will be the Canaleja viewpoint, from where you have excellent views of the Sierra de Guadarrama, and where it was located until 1886 the St. Martin's Gate.
From there you will pass by House of the Peaks, from the 15th century, with a characteristic decoration of its facade, which has the double ornamental and defensive facet.
On your walk you can see in a street on the left the old building Grain Deposit, which is now the headquarters of Historical archive from the city.
And also him Cascales Palace, from the 15th century, with its sculpted facade in Arabic style.
Romanesque church of San Martín on Calle Real de Segovia
Finally you will arrive at the corner, without a doubt, of greater beauty of the Real street: the St. Martin's Square.
In this space you will see, among other prominent buildings, the imposing Romanesque church of the same name and the Tower of the Lozoya, as well as the statue dedicated to the comunero Juan Bravo.
Later, you will leave on the right the building of the Royal Jail, from the 17th century, which is now a library.
And on the left, on the other side of a passage, the Corpus Christi church, a small building that once housed the Major Synagogue of Segovia.
Descent of the Canaleja in the street Real de Segovia
Photos Calle Real de Segovia
Below you have a gallery of photos of Real de Segovia street.
- La Canaleja viewpoint on Calle Real de Segovia
- Place of the old door of San Martín in the street Real de Segovia
- Stretch of Juan Bravo Street in Real de Segovia Street
- Tower in the Real de Segovia street
- Balcony in the street Real de Segovia
- Cascales Palace on Calle Real de Segovia
- Alley of Real de Segovia Street
- Church of San Martín in the street Real de Segovia
- Torreón de Lozoya on Calle Real de Segovia
- Statue of Juan Bravo in the Plaza de San Martín on Calle Real de Segovia
- Sculptured facade of the building on Calle Real de Segovia
- Building of the Real de Segovia street
- Portico of access to the church of Corpus Christi in the Real street of Segovia
- Souvenir shop on Calle Real de Segovia